Friday 1 May 2015

Potato and Bacon Omelette



The best way to eat an egg!



It’s no secret how much I loveeeee breakfast. What better way to start your day than with a hot, flavorful, delicious omelette. Its really my go to breakfast, as long as I have the time to make one. This month is all about omelettes I will be making several, and showing you guys my secret to making the perfect omelette every time. First up we have a Potato and bacon omelette.

In 2009 My then boyfriend Wade and I struggled tirelessly to figure out how to make the perfect omelette. Our major problem was getting the omelette to flip without breaking. The problem we faced were the tops being too runny while the bottom was set. We realized to flip without breaking  the top of the eggs would need to be cooked at the same time as the bottom. And a simple heat reduction and a pot cover sealed the deal. Perfect flip every single time without fail.

This omelette is extremely delicious and a great way to combine your hash brown, bacon and eggs into one bite. I was making the omlette in the video for my father who hates cheese in his omelettes so I didn’t add any, however feel free to add your favorite cheeses. 



Makes 3 omeletts

3 eggs (per omelette)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon oil (1 for sauté 1 for omelette)
3 strips of Canadian bacon chopped
3 tablespoon chopped Sweet pepper
3 Scallion stalks chopped
3 tablespoon Onion
1 medium potato shredded
Cheese optional




Greedy tips:

  • Make sure to keep stirring the potatoes because if they are not moving they will clump up together like hash browns
  • feel free to sub with turkey bacon or no bacon at all 
  • Make sure once the pot is covered you reduce the heat so that the bottom does not burn
  • As with all the omelettes cheese is optional


Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment