The best way to eat an egg!
This omelette is for all the nitpicky persons out there; the people who don’t eat tomatoes, or onions, or peppers. Instead of enjoying their meals are too busy picking out all the veggies, today we get right to the point; eggs, meat, cheese, done!
It’s quite common for me to make a delicious omelette filled with the works only to see someone removing tomatoes or onions in each bite. I’m not going to lie, I cringe at the sight. Only because I know what a grave disservice they do to themselves as those are the backbone of flavor in an omelette; to each his own. The omlette today would be their ideal, however in order to achieve the flavor with purely meat I decided to use different types that impart different characteristics.
I used a sweet chicken apple sausage, hickory smoked beef sausage and Canadian bacon, each meat bringing something different to the table. In addition the smoked gouda added extra flavor. I thought about using a jalapeno cheddar or an aged cheddar instead but decided a smoked cheese would work with the meats rather than against them. I was right.
Ingredients (Printable recipe)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
½ apple Chicken apple Sausage chopped
½ Beef sausage link chopped
2 strips Bacon chopped
2 ounce smoked gouda
- Chop the meat into small pieces
- Beat the two eggs with the salt and black pepper
- Shred the cheese
- In a non-stick pan melt the butter or add oil on high heat
- Sauté the meat in the oil until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Pour the egg all over the meat pushing in with the spatula and allowing the runny egg to seep to the edges (see video demo 2:00)
- Once the egg is no longer runny reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 minute or until the top is firm
- Once the top is firm flip the egg and add cheese to the center
- Fold over and allow the cheese to melt
- Feel free to add onion, tomatoes, peppers and any other veggies you may like.