Friday 4 September 2015

Roasted redpepper ricotta ravioli with lavender cream


I love Pasta


There had to be ravioli somewhere in pasta month. No if's, and's or but's! And it It gets better no animals were technically harmed in the making of this dish a.k.a vegetarian friendly. It’s a rather simple dinner with not so simple flavor combinations. Ravioli filled with, sweet ricotta spinach shallots and roasted red peppers. And a sauce made from lavender leaves…yes lavender

I’m still in the U.S of A and last night (as in THURSDAY NIGHT!) I was shopping for the blog. Super last minute this has never happened to me before but I count it a blessing. I was planning on making a beef ravioli with a roasted red pepper cream. However a week ago I started a new diet and for the first two weeks beef is off limits. So I had to switch up my game plan completely, because how else would I tell you how delicious the ravioli is if I can’t eat it? So I’m in Whole foods (Heaven! they should rename that place Whole Foods Heaven) and I spot lavender on the herb shelf and I said.. wait…whaaaa??? I decided in the store, fly high or fly low lavender is going in that dish tomorrow morning ..I mean today…. Friday.

I quickly grabbed a few more items to complement the lavender. I opted to forgo meat all together and in my mind created this dish that manifested itself into something quite elegant, Or maybe it’s just my grandmothers China. ;) 




Ravioli (makes 28 )
1 pack wonton wrappers
1 cup ricotta
¼ cup roasted red pepper chopped
3 tablespoons chopped shallots
½ cup chopped baby spinach
Lavender Sauce (2 servings)
1 ½ salted tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon lavender leaves
1 tablespoon shallots chopped
1 garlic clove shredded
½ cup heavy cream
2 pinches of salt
2 pinches black pepper
1 teaspoon maple syrup









Greedy tips:

  • Today’s tips are all about substitutions, Lavender isn’t just lying around in the herb section of every grocery store. And you most certainly may NOT use the therapeutic potpourri lavender. You may substitute the lavender for rosemary by half. So the above recipe would call for 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
  • As for the maple syrup, you can sub it for honey or brown sugar. 

Xoxo Greedygirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment