Sunday 27 March 2016

Smoked Salmon Pasta

 Something Smells Fishy...

I have been trying to post this recipe since good Friday (such are the perils of Flows less than stellar internet service) It is with great pleasure that I finally post this Smoked salmon pasta, yum! Last year I made cedar planked salmon with a bacon jam, this year I smoked the salmon, mixed it with a rich cream sauce filled with herbs and pasta. It’s a great main dish or as a seafood side dish.

The Saturday I made this recipe I had a hard choice to make. Go to the beach or stay home and cook the last few recipes for the blog. Anyone who know me, know I was born with salt water in my ears and sand between my toes. I knew with Easter coming up and my week days getting fuller and fuller that trying to find another time to cook would prove impossible. So I closed my eyes took a deep breath and stayed home to cook. Everyone that went to the each was beyond elated to come home from the beach to smoked salmon pasta and escovitch fried chicken. So I felt like I did my good deed for the year.

I made sure to load up the pasta sauce with all the herbs I could pick from or new and improved herb garden. We just added sage, basil, lemon basil, mojito mint, arugula and French thyme to our repertoire. The only thing left to plant is cilantro and parsley. It brought me so much joy to go outside and snip five sage leaves to add to this recipe.  If I were to remake this I would probably use more herbs, feel free to experiment with the fishes you smoke, the amount of herbs you use etc, etc, etc. 





For the salmon
3 thick Salmon filet
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Oil
3 sprigs rosemary
1 teaspoon Honey
For the sauce
5 Sage leaves
3 basil leaves
2 handfuls fresh parsley
2 stalks rosemary
1 small onion chopped
5 garlic cloves shredded
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup water (or broth)
½ teaspoon Salt (or more to your taste)
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
1 tablespoon honey (optional)






 Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment