Friday 20 May 2016

Cheese stuffed spaghetti and meatballs


Potluck

A few weeks ago I was browsing Instagram as usual and found a video of some delicious mozzarella stuffed meatballs.  I don’t think I waited three days before I made a huge batch of sauce and got to making stuffed spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

I generally make my mushroom marinara sauce and freeze them in batches in the freezer. Then when I’m ready to make some kind of pasta dish, I warm it on the stove until it’s just slightly bubbling. The recipe is already on the blog from last year’s pasta month, so I didn’t bother to repeat it, if you are interested in the recipe click here. Otherwise you can use your favorite sauce for this recipe. But I will say that a home-made sauce will always reign supreme.

The only crucial thing I must note for this recipe is, please make sure to warn persons that the meatballs are stuffed with cheese. I have been told that someone freaked out when they saw the oozing white substance (which they though was fat) in the middle of the meatball. I can only imagine the sigh of relief when they were told it was cheese. (Fat though?? Lol)

In any case, there is nothing more perfect than this recipe for dinner; especially for those of us who love Italian inspired dishes. Do yourself the favor, make this! 



  
Ingredients

Mushroom marinara sauce (click here)
1 box spaghetti cooked
2 tablespoon oil
For the meatballs
1 lb ground beef
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
1 Egg
¼ cup crumbs
Cheese filling (in a blender combine all the following to fill the beef)
1 small Onion
¼ cup Pepper jack cheese
¼ cup Mozzarella
¼ cup Cheddar cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
4 oz Cream cheese



Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment