Friday 6 May 2016

Deliciously basic honey bbq wings

Potluck


This will be the easiest and most delicious honey BBQ wings you will ever eat. Its sweet, sticky and flavorful. We don’t always have the time to make a hickory smoked BBQ sauce from scratch, and in those moments when you’re strapped for time, but you don’t want to sacrifice flavor, these are your wings. To be honest even if you have the time and 30 ingredients to make a sauce from scratch, don’t bother make these instead!

One fateful day, I was at my friend Petra’s house and she was making BBQ wings, I mean they were the bomb.com delicious. I was like girl, how did you make these they are so good. She said it’s easy, all I did was season the chicken fry them, pour BBQ sauce and honey on it and bake it. I was like which BBQ sauce? Her exact response was; nothing special just the cheapest BBQ sauce on the shelf, whatever they have. I was not expecting that at all.

After I was introduced to this super simple recipe, we started making the wings so much it was as if it were our recipe and not hers. I can’t believe we are at a stage in our life where we don’t make it at all anymore.  I’m telling you, circa 2007 to 2009,  if a chicken dish needed to be made for a dinner, or a picnic, or a family function, or church, or anything, this was the dish. When I told my sister I made the BBQ wings for the blog, she said wow, we have not made that in so long, and immediately began to reminisce on the good old days.

The beauty of this recipe, is the different ways you can cook the wings for different results, we have tried every single method, so we know.

  1. Brown them like I did in this video (then toss in sauce and honey and broil) 
  2.  Grill them (then toss in sauce and honey and broil)
  3. Toss in some flour and deep fry them (then toss in sauce and honey and broil) 
  4.  Deep fry them with no flour (then toss in sauce and honey and broil)

Any way you choose to cook, the wings yield delicious results and different textures. The browning method as seen in the video, gives you a very moist and soft wing. Grilling imparts a Smokey charred flavor with possibly crispy burnt bits. Deep frying obviously will yield a very nice crunchy BBQ wing, deep frying with flour more so than without.  Take your pick!




10-12 wings
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
½ teaspoon Allspice
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoon oil
½ cup honey
½ cup hickory BBQ sauce





Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment