Friday 5 August 2016

Cilantro Roasted Chicken


Fowl 


I am a huge fan of cilantro, if you are not a cilantro fan, steer clear of this recipe. It has cilantro in the marinade, under the skin, in the sauce and garnished on top. It’s full of herb goodness and I love it! One of the best roasted chickens I have made in a while, easy and quick no muss no fuss.

Like rosemary I wasn’t a cilantro fan all my life, but glory be to God as I have aged and developed so has my palate. I have the recipe for the perfect roast chicken already on the blog, and I’ve always wanted to add another roast chicken to the blog but didn’t quite have the right recipe yet.

This was going to be a rotisserie style chicken, but unfortunately the motor in the rotisserie attachment in our oven gave up on life. So I decided I’m not going to do any tricks or gimmicks, I’m not starting the chicken on the breast then flip it over or cover it then uncover it, nothing. I simply started on a high heat to get some color and turned the temp down to finish cooking, while periodically adding water to the pan if it started to dry out, that’s it. Set it and forget it and the results will be amazing.

The chicken is immensely tender and juicy. The skin is light and crispy; the bones pull right out with ease. The thigh bone slid out while I was slicing it into pieces. I am a fan of crispy skin but I tend to like a saucy chicken more. However, if you rather a crispy chicken serve your sauce on the side instead of pouring it over the top. Either way its perfection.




1 Whole chicken washed cleaned and dry
For the marinade
2 bunches of fresh cilantro
¼ cup oil
1 onion
2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic
For the sauce
Pan drippings
1/3 of marinade
3 teaspoon heavy cream
2 tablespoon honey
Fresh cilantro to garnish



Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment