Friday 16 June 2017

Jerk sausage beef burgers with a roasted red pepper mayo


My Dinner


If you want a burger that incredibly juicy and flavorful you should probably mix some seasoned pork sausages into the beef. Specifically, jerk pork sausages. Smoked paprika, pepper jack cheese and jerk sausage are a match made in heaven when it comes to burger making.


Is been a while since I made a burger. This is the first burger made since I’ve been married and moved into the new house. I have totally fallen of my burger making game. I got inspired to make this burger while watching my own youtube video of the smoked gouda stuffed burgers I made way back in June of 2013. It was what I called the ultimate bacon cheese burger. Juicy patty stuffed with gouda cheese and topped with pineapple bacon jam. Since then I have made soooooooo many other burgers, curry goat burger, classic beef, bbq blue cheese burger, shrimp, salmon, veggie, chicken and pork burgers. I’ve even made burger buns from potatoes and pumpkin. So it a real travesty that I’ve been married for six months and this is the first time making a homemade burger.

My husband asked me if I don’t think I will run out of recipes to post. I chuckled and said its highly unlikely. There are too many possibilities for the way ingredients can be combined to ever run out of ideas. I was going to add bacon to the beef and when I opened the freezer I saw the sausage and decided that would be an even better idea. As for the red pepper, it was the last piece in the refrigerator and it probably would have went bad had I not used it when I did. There is nothing like roasting a pepper to extract amazing flavors. Tossed that in with some garlic (I would advise that you use 1 clove unless you looovveee garlic) mayo and honey and the easiest mayo perfect for these Smokey burgers.

The thing I love about burger making is that you can do the whole recipe even if you only want one burger. And just prep and freeze the patties to have on hand any time you want one. I devoured the burger in 3.5 seconds it was so good. The jerk sausage is the perfect addition to add fat to the beef. Normally I would add a little coconut oil to my ground beef, especially if you got a very lean ground beef. You need the added fat to ensure that the burgers are juicy. It’s a lovely weekend recipe that I’m sure everyone will love. And if you don’t eat pork, you will miss out on the added flavor, but you don’t have to miss out on the juiciness. Add a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and you will be all set.






2 lb ground beef
½ lb jerk pork sausages casings removed
1/4 cup Onion
1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Lettuce
Burger bun
Pepper jack cheese slice
For the mayo
1 red pepper
2 tablespoon mayo
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon honey





Xoxo Greedygirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment