Monday 23 November 2020

Ginger garlic Honey Fried Chicken


 

I don't even know where to start with this chicken. It is sweet, salty, crunchy, garlicky, full of ginger, just wholly perfect. The moistest fried chicken breast, crispy even when drenched in the sauce. I highly recommend this recipe. Dieting? Don't even bother to read this post.

Two things happened that led to the beauty that is this recipe. Firstly, I saw a few fantastic Nashville hot chicken images on Instagram and my brain started to work. I decided to attempt it with a twist; a Jamaican version, not spicy but with ginger and garlic. Secondly, as fate would have it, I sign on to youtube only to see Morris time cooking post a video showing how to get the chicken KFC spicy chicken level of crispy. That's all I needed; the recipe was born.

I've never had the Nashville hot chicken, but I know it all too well. It's fried chicken dipped in a hot butter sauce then dusted with more cayenne pepper and paprika, so I can only imagine the levels of spicy it must have. I wanted the Nashville hot chicken look, without the heat, and I think we got it. So get to frying this chicken.



Ingredients (Printable recipe)

15 pc chicken parts
Marinade
2 ½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ cup ginger
8 garlic cloves
1 whole onion
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground allspice
Seasoned flour
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon salt 
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Honey sauce
1 stick salted butter
1 cup honey
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic shredded
4 tablespoon shredded ginger

 

Instructions

  • clean, wash and dry your chicken parts
  • in a blender, blend all the marinade ingredients
  • pour onto the chicken, massage it in, and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. The longer it marinates, the better; I did what Morris Time Cooking recommended and let mine marinate for a week, two days in the refrigerator, and the remaining five days in the freezer.
  • Defrost and allow the chicken to come to room temperature or almost room temperature
  • heat oil to 300f
  • make the seasoned flour mix
  • Toss and press seasoned chicken into the seasoned flour,  shake off any excess, dip in plain water then back into the flour, shake off excess
  • fry in the 300-degree oil for 20 minutes. If you deep fry no need to flip; I shallow fried, so I flip my chicken after 10 minutes.
  • Warm some butter, add honey paprika garlic, and ginger
  • As each pc of chicken is fried,  dip into the honey butter sauce and set on a cooling rack to drain
  • serve immediately with extra sauce on the side. It's best to keep this butter sauce warm.




xoxo Greedygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment