Friday 16 August 2013

Strawberries are oh so Yummly



I interrupt Independence Month to bring you a....

Strawberry upside down cupcake with an orange butter cream filling



It’s been a long time since I have used strawberries to make a dessert, years actually. I tend to order strawberry desserts from restaurants but never actually make them. Interestingly enough they are one of the easiest to find in the grocery store, always stocked. Yet still, I tend to go for blue berries and apples. So today I am proud to say no blueberries were harmed in the making of this dessert. 




The strawberry sauce is heavenly. Not to mention the orange butter cream. I have every intention of making myself a lemon orange cake using this very same butter-cream.

Once you bite into it, you first get the sweetness from the topping, then the moist creamy cake and a lovely citrus flavor is left on your palette from the butter cream. It’s loaded with orange zest, for a really natural and intense orange flavor. 






For all the strawberry lovers out there, this is a great dessert. If you want to try out this cupcake check out the recipe here on my +Yummly  guest blogger post: http://www.yummly.com/blog/2013/08/strawberry-upside-down-cupcakes-with-orange-buttercream-filling/ 

I love the idea of combining two fruit flavors into one dessert. And since we are still in independence month, let’s add a Jamaican twist to this recipe.

There are so many fruits that can be utilized. For the sweet topping we could go with Julie mango’s, otaheite apple’s, I would even try jack-fruit! And for the butter cream, why not use passion fruit, banana’s or tangerine? So many wonderful choices, what will you experiment with?

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment