Tuesday 1 July 2014

Blueberry Mojito



Cool it down


This is the month of the drink, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic. I am not a drinker myself; I’ll take an ice cool limeade or water over any alcoholic beverage any day. However there is one drink that I love love love and it’s a mojito. I’m pretty sure it’s because it’s basically spiked limeade with mint.

 Today was the first time I went alcohol shopping, got my cart and cruised the isles trying to stir up my imagination for drink recipes this month. While looking through the vodka section I spotted a Smirnoff blueberry vodka and was pleasantly surprised. I am very accustomed to the Smirnoff apple vodka and the whole line of ciroc flavored vodkas, but didn’t realize they had a blueberry flavor.

It’s very subtle, sweet and refreshing. It was the perfect twist it is super smooth, you barley taste the alcohol however I can tell you that vodka is a creeper and if you have two or three of these babies, you will get a ‘lil tipsy’ . But everything in moderation is what I always say. Fourth of July celebrations are on the way in the US and I’m sure a large pitcher of this drink would be a crowd pleaser to say the least. 





“Drunkability”: 2.5+ So yummy you could easily put back 4 of these without feeling it. However that only lasts for a moment. 1 shot in every glass (don't let the sugar and mint fool you), and 4 shots of vodka will do the trick. 

Single serving

Ingredients (printable recipe)

3-5 mint leaves
2 tablespoon sugar
1 lime
1 ½ ounce blue berry vodka
crushed Ice
Seltzer water

Garnish
Cane sticks
Blue berries


Instructions
  • Cut your lime in half slice up one half and juice the other half
  • slice your sugar cane sticks into thin strips
  • In a glass, add the sugar, chopped lime, lime juice, mint leaves and vodka
  • With a muddler, crush together all the ingredients for about one minute, the mint and lemon will become aromatic
  • Fill the glass to the brim with crushed ice 
  • Then top off with seltzer water and stir thoroughly to mix the sugar, lime and vodka all together with the seltzer water.
  • garnish with blueberries and sugar cane sticks


Greedy Tips:

  • Don't get bogged down with the fancy utensils, the only thing I purchased was the  alcohol measure just so that I had the exact ounce measurements.
  • To muddle the mint and lime I used my tart tamper instead of a traditional muddler.
  • If you don't like it too minty use 3 leaves instead of 5, the more you crush the flavors together the more the mint and lemon release their flavors


Xoxo Greedygril


No comments:

Post a Comment