Friday 8 August 2014

Pear oatmeal crumble


Easy Bake!

I know I said this was easy bake month, and while this recipe has a little bit more than  5 ingredients and took a little longer than 30 minutes, its still just as easy as can be. I think pears are the most amazing fruit to have warmed. Their flavor is perfect with cinnamon, sugar and butter. Not to mention the texture of the pear itself very velvety, I’ve always said I much prefer pears to apples, and this recipe is a shining example of why.

In the summer time, I bake pears with butter and sugar, have them with ice-cream or sautĂ© them with the butter and sugar right on the stove top. This time however I wanted to introduce another element to my standard baked pear. So I decided a simple oatmeal crumble would be the perfect balance, cinnamon and sweet, very crunchy with the warm pear.  

The oatmeal crumble takes just a few minutes to whip up, and since I did not want to waste any of the pears that I cored from the center I made sure to chop them up and toss them in the crumble as well. Now those bits are very delicious in the finished product. All in all it took about 10 minutes of prep and 30 minutes of cook time , in the world of baking I still consider that an easy bake. 



Ingredients (printable recipe)

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
2 pears
1 cup oatmeal
½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup salted butter



Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment