Friday 8 May 2015

Roasted Redpepepr and Ricotta Omelette


The best way to eat an egg!


Ricotta is my new favorite thing; it’s so versatile and subtly delicious. Here on greedy girl cooks we are no strangers to roasted red pepper either. The flavors of the pepper are truly enhanced by roasting them. And paired with ricotta, they make this omelette extra delicious.


I usually try to mix the meat and meatless recipes each month so everyone gets a little bit of something for themselves. In our neck of the woods, an omelette always has meat in it, that’s the natural way in our family. I wouldn’t normally wake up and say “I think I’ll have a roasted red pepper and ricotta omelette today” So this post is very special, in fact every omelet this month that contains no meat was carefully pondered on and planned just to create an equally delicious meat free version of this breakfast champion.

Since ricotta isn’t a ‘melty’ cheese it’s more of a hearty filling, I decided to whip it into the eggs. This resulted in a very very fluffy, airy and light texture. Some people add milk to their egg mixtures, I find doing that gives you more of a flat omlette father than a fluffy one. And after seeing the texture of this omlette I would rather add the ricotta than the milk in the future. In any case the general rules is the more air you beat into it the eggs, the fluffier it will be.

The one thing that this omlette needed was a roasted red pepper sauce on top. I don’t know how I didn’t think of this while I was cooking the thing. It’s just as I am writing the post it came to me. But that’s for another day and another time. But if you have any great roasted red pepper sauces I would highly recommend serving it with this omlette.

p.s this would also make a great dinner aka ‘dinekfast’






2 eggs
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup ricotta
3 tablespoon shredded cheese
3 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
1 tablespoon oil





Greedy tips


  • For added flavor use the oil from the roasted red pepper jar
  • You can also use sun dried tomatoes instead of roasted red pepper
  • Feel free to roast  your own peppers  see vid here


Xoxo Greedygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment