Friday 7 August 2015

Salmon burger with sweet dill cream


Burger Showdown!


I always have to find a way to implement vegetarian and seafood dishes into my monthly blog postings. So a salmon burger is a natural addition to the list of burgers I will be doing this month. The yummy salmon burger for today is topped with grilled onions, broccoli sprouts and smothered in a simple creamy dill sauce.


When I wrote the recipe I was a little skeptical of the binding capabilities of the salmon. I knew I wanted small chunks of salmon in it as well as a paste of salmon. I added the breadcrumbs as extra insurance that the mixture would bind well. The patty is simply seasoned with salt, black pepper, shallots and scallions. The dill cream is super light, the honey garlic and dill blend seamlessly with the Greek yogurt. Pan frying the burger gives it a lovely crust on the edges; all together it’s a very delicious burger.

My uncle and mother had a ball eating this burger the only thing missing was a glass of white wine, which would pair well with the flavors in this burger. 



Ingredients (printable ingredient list)

Makes 2 -4 burgers

For the patties
2 thick salmon filets
1 shallot
1 egg
3 scallion stalks
2 pinches black pepper
¼  teaspoon salt
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Dill cream
2 heaping tablespoon Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 cloves shredded garlic
1 tablespoon honey
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Toppings
Grilled red onions
Broccoli sprouts
Toasted buns






 Xoxo Greedygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment