Tuesday 20 October 2015

Pumpkin chocolate fudge brownies


“Pumpkin Everythang”


Moist and delicious are the perfect words to describe this brownie; chocolate fudge brownie swirled with pumpkin puree. I love feeding people veggies hidden in desserts. Yes the nutritional value is almost nonexistent. But it just feels good to eat a whole brownie knowing that there is pumpkin in it. Makes you feel like you had at least one serving of veggie, as if this guilty treat is not so guilty.

Yesterday was Heroes day in Jamaica a public holiday on a Monday; the perfect day for a holiday. However it felt so much like a Sunday that I almost missed todays post. I was lying in bed Monday night when I realized tomorrow is Tuesday and that I had not even remembered to write my blog post, recipe, resize images nothing. And it’s not like my Tuesday was going to be free, my day was super packed. So that is my explanation as to why this post (while still on a Tuesday) is just a little bit later in the evening than normal.

This recipe was extremely easy all I had to do was follow the instructions on the box and add the pumpkin. The pumpkin swirled portions had a gooey texture and the regular brownie portions had a more cake like texture. Best of both worlds I say. P.S it tastes nothing like pumpkin.


Ingredients (printable recipe)

1 box betty crocker fudge brownie mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
¼ cup water
2/3 cup pumpkin puree

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • Follow the boxes instruction combine eggs, oil, water and included fudge mix
  • In a separate dish take ¼ cup of the brownie batter and add to the pumpkin puree stirring to completely incorporate
  • In a greased 8 by 8 baking dish place a layer of brownie batter first, followed by the pumpkin mixture and top with brownie batter,
  • Use a toothpick to swirl the two batters together
  • Bake for 35-38 minutes
  • Allow to cool then slice with a plastic knife and enjoy.







Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment