Friday 29 January 2016

Cheesy chocolate brioche bread pudding for two


"Feast of Saint Valentine"


The one thing I look forward to when I come to NY is my visit to whole foods.  And not just for the experience, for the French brioche bread. The French bread by Euro Classic is the most delicious brioche bread I have ever eaten in my life; has me wanting to book a flight to France. I could literally eat the entire bag. With that said I can’t lie to you, it really pained my soul to use the bread to make a bread pudding. Hence today I bring you a very small bread pudding for two.

There was no way on earth I was going to use up the entire loaf of brioche to make a bread pudding.  However I knew that bread so good on its own, would be nothing short of delicious baked with chocolate and a yummy Wensleydale cheese.  It tastes super refined, decadent and just all around rich. Wish I had a glass of moscato or chardonnay or something to go with it.

If you make bread pudding often you know it usually requires eggs. However if you are a brioche connoisseur like myself, you will also know it’s loaded with eggs and butter. Safe to say we can skip the extra addition of eggs and butter to the bread pudding because the bread itself is full of it.  The Wensledayle cheese has large chunks of blueberries in it, It is very mild but has a nice cheesy, salty bite. I made sure to use a milk chocolate with a higher percentage of cacao in order to get a really full flavored chocolate taste baked in. So all together now, Brioche, chocolate, blueberry cheese, heavy cream, honey and vanilla! What an ingredient list!

The only thing this needs on top is some warm maple syrup….Drops Mic…


Ingredients (printable recipe)
2- 3 cups brioche bread  (apx)
¼-½ cup Heavy cream (apx)
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ oz crumbled milk Chocolate chunks
2 oz crumbled Wensleydale cheese with blueberries

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Crumble the cheese and break apart the chocolate into chunks
  • Break apart the bread into large pieces
  • In a dish whisk together the cream, honey and vanilla extract
  • Combine the bread, chocolate and cheese
  • Pour the milk mixture over the bread mixture while stirring until you have reached the desired consistency
  • Pour into a buttered baking dish and bake covered for 35 to 40 minutes
  • Bake uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes
  • Allow to slightly cool before serving  



Greedy tips
  • You can use 100 percent milk instead of cream
  • Try not to have chocolate expose on the top they may burn
  • Brioche will soak up liquids and become very soggy very quickly, you don’t want it too waterlogged however you don’t want it too dry. Make sure to add the cream and honey mixture a little at a time, you just want all the brioche to be wet and begin to break apart to form a ‘mush’

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment