Friday 12 February 2016

Chicken Fried rice


Time for Takeout!
 

The king of all Chinese take out is the rice. Veggie fried rice, chicken fried rice, pork fried rice, special fried rice the works all delicious all easy to make at home. Today I have given you a very easy chicken fried rice but you can go to town with the choices of meats you desire.

I have really been on a roll with the takeout recipes. Since I’ve been in NY I had to make and film all the recipes for my sister so she can edit them. So for a few days my fingers were stained of soy sauce and sesame oil and the wok was permanently on our stove top. Not to mention that I finished an entire bottle of palm nectar.  Can I just say how palm nectar is my new favorite sweetener, its adds the perfect sweetness without adding its own distinct flavor to the foods, very smooth I love it!

Now for the rice, it’s very flavorful,  smokey slightly sweet, just a perfectly done homemade takeout fried rice. If you have a rice cooker your life in the kitchen has been saved. I literally just popped some rice in the cooker and let is steam along while I prepared the rest of the dish. By the time the chicken and veggies were done cooking the rice was ready to hit the pan. This can be had as an entire meal in itself especially if you make it with a meat like pork, chicken or shrimp.  For me the fried rice is more of a side dish if it has no meat in it. But it’s delicious all the while.

 


1 boneless skinless chicken breast
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
¼ teaspoon Paprika
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Sesame oil
1 egg
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped carrots
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon Palm nectar



 Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment