Monday 8 February 2016

Vegetable Lo mein


Time for Takeout!

Time for the Noodles, and it’s my favorite Lo Mein. Give me chicken, shrimp, pork veggie, I don’t mind. It’s my go to noodle dish from any take-out spot next to pad Thai. Most time I will have it all by itself. This version is quite delicious and very very easy to make.
 
I feel the most important ingredient to use in takeout cooking is a super-hot, flaming fire. Use the largest and hottest burner you have. And secondly  you will need a seasoned Wok. I opted for purchasing a pre-seasoned wok just to make my life easier. It’s like the super flames coupled with the wok grills, roast and fries the food all at the same time, creating this really lovely smokey essence to the food.

My only regret was that I opted to leave out the sugar snap peas. Why did I do that? I stood in the grocery store looked at them and just decided I didn’t need it, but I needed it. I thought the celery and carrots would have been enough for the crunch, but it really did need the peas and I Highly recommend that you  opt to use some sugar snap peas in your stir fry; fresh not frozen. I’m pretty sure if I had a white takeout box this lo mein could have fooled anyone into thinking it was ordered.

Who is ready for some more home-made take out? Check out the video then get to cooking!




¼ cup sliced Celery
3 cloves shredded Garlic
1 tablespoon chopped Ginger
½ cup sliced Onions
¼ cup sliced Carrots
¼ cup chopped Scallions
3 servings cooked lo mein noodles (3 bundles)
1 ½  tablespoon Hoisin sauce
½ teaspoon Fish sauce
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
2 teaspoon Palm nectar (this is for sweetness)




Greedy Tips:

  • I like to use the palm nectar because it adds a really nice sweetness to balance out the salty. You could use corn syrup, or honey as a substitute.

 Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment