Sunday 1 May 2016

Spinach and Herb garlic bread


 M...eat...less


Yummy time again, I am the uncrowned garlic bread queen. If you didn’t know now you know. I always make really quick mini batches for dinner using left over bread ends.  This garlic bread is a little different from my usual quick ones. I added cheese and veggies to the mix just to make myself feel better about eating the whole thing.


It brings me so much joy to load up delicious foods with herbs and veggies and have everyone scarf it down without second thought. Let say you have some kids who hate spinach, I guarantee they won’t think twice about this cheesy garlic bread.  I was going to use broccoli or kale, but we have some spinach growing and I decided to reap the veggies we already had rather than purchasing anything from the grocery store.  

This recipe is super easy. I used my favorite purity wheat loaf for it. Feel free to use a baguette, focaccia, dinner rolls, corn bread, or even regular old slices of white. Just slather on the mixture and bake until it’s melted and whichever bread you choose is crispy. The only thing I would suggest, is for a loaf make sure to score the bread and stuff the cute with the mixture so it really gets down into the center of the bread. And lastly don’t get tied to this recipe if you don’t like and herb, or prefer a different cheese feel free to swap it for your favorite. 



Ingredients (printable recipe)

1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary leaves
6 Sage leaves
4 sprigs Thyme
1 French thyme leaf
2 basil leaves
½ cup chopped parsley
6 spinach leaves
6 Garlic cloves
3 tablespoon Butter
¼ cup shredded Pepper jack cheese
½ teaspoon Honey
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Black pepper
1 loaf of bread

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 500 degrees
  • Chop finely or blend all the herbs together
  • Shred the garlic
  • Combine, butter, shredded cheese, chopped herbs, honey, salt, garlic and black pepper
  • Score the loaf of bread into diagonal cubes; fill the openings with the mixture
  • Bake in the oven until the mixture is melted and the bread is crispy
  • Serve hot






Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment