Friday 11 November 2016

Chicken Marsala





"Christmas is coming"

Mushrooms, garlic and wine anyone? This is almost one of the easiest thing I have cooked thus far. Chicken marsala is a dish I’ve always had at restaurants but never thought to cook. I generally try to cook recipes for the holidays that is easy to feed a crowd. This one fits the bill perfectly.

There are two things that happened that inspired this recipe. Firstly, I was watching worst cooks in America and they made chicken marsala. Secondly, literally the next day my sister and I were starving and before grocery shopping we went through the food choices, I was not about to eat any jerk chicken from whole foods and the only of their chicken option was chicken marsala. I love chicken marsala and this chicken marsala was quite yummy. I think they may have skimmed on the marsala wine in general but good none the less.

We had all the ingredients except marsala wine at home, so I got a bottle and the rest is history. My version was very “mushroomy” I used baby Portobello’s. If you’re not a mushroom fan, well this might not be the recipe for you. I am not quite sure how I feel about them. I eat them all the time when they are chopped up small. However, the moment they are in large slices the texture of them just has me doing double takes.

I used only three chicken breasts for this recipe and it fed 6/7 persons. I like to slice my chicken breast horizontally. Cutting one breast into 3 or 4 slices depending on the thickness of each breast. That way you end up with up to 8-12 slices of chicken. Slicing the breast thin also helps them to cook super-fast and not dry out at all. You will end up with tender juicy strips.

All in all, this recipe is so good. I mean really good! What gets me is how simple it is and how extremely easy it is to make. One to three and dinner is ready, and it would be perfect to feed large crowds. 





3 boneless skinless Chicken breast
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1 cup flour
4 tablespoon  Oil
1 lb mushroom sliced
3 shallots minced
2 garlic cloves shredded
1 cup marsala wine
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley

Greedy Tips:
  • Make sure to season the sauce with more salt if you feel it needs a bit more. My chicken stock was heavily salted so I did not need to. If your stock is unsalted you will need o season the sauce before adding the chicken. 




Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment