Friday 10 March 2017

Chili garlic Shrimp noodles


"Something Smells Fishy"

The next stop for a month of seafood is a lovely shrimp noodle dish I whipped up for dinner last night. Spicy, sweet, full of garlic with my favorite pad thai noodles. If you love spicy Asian specifically Chinese flavors you will absolutely adore this recipe.


By far the easiest shrimp recipe I have ever made in my life…no joke! I am a sucker for Asian flavors. The other day I had a craving and began to browse takeout pic online. I saw the most amazing dish called garlic lobster noodles. There was just something enticing about this saucy shellfish with noodles and I said I must try to recreate something similar. So I went out and got some crab (since I hate lobster). Got home, defrosted it only for it to have the most intense ammonia smell ever. I mean it was a disaster, I had to throw it right out. I decided that shellfish is not the thing to take chances with. So, plan B, I had a bag of shrimp in the freezer, so here we are with a shrimp recipe instead of the crab I wanted.

Can we talk about how spicy and delicious this thing is? I used the scotch bonnet, chili peppers and chili sauce. In my mind, I was seriously second guessing the heat levels of this thing. However my sister always says takeout that’s spicy is always a good thing. She and her best friend have said the spicier the better. So with those notions in my head I was heavy handed with the pepper. It is an extremely lovely combination of flavors. My chili sauce was more of a paste. I have used chili sauces in the past which were runnier but I didn’t want a runny sauce for this recipe, so I chose one that was more paste like.

This was a delicious dinner if I do say so myself and it will most definitely be recreated with chicken, lobster or crab if I can get that lucky.





Ingredients (printable recipe)

To season shrimp
1 -2 lb raw shrimp
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder
For the sauce
½ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoon vinegar
3 teaspoon chili paste/sauce
For the stir fry
4 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon shredded ginger
8 Garlic cloves shredded
1 cup chopped Onion
1 cup chopped Scallion
6 Chili peppers chopped
1 Scotch bonnet pepper chopped
Cooked Pad thai rice noodles

Instructions

  • I like my shrimp with the tail on, you can remove it or leave it on. Season with salt and onion powder
  • In a bowl combine the oyster sauce, honey, vinegar and chili sauce
  • Cook the noodles to the packages specification
  • Heat a pan to very hot, as hot as it can get add the sesame oil, if you have a wok even better
  • The oil heats up very fast, then add ginger, garlic, onion and shrimp all at the same time
  • Quickly stir to cook the shrimp and all the veggies keep stirring until everything begins to char about two minutes
  • Add the sauce and half the scallion and cook stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes
  • Remove the shrimp and set aside on a plate, leaving the sauce behind in the pot.
  • Add the cooked noodles to the pot and stir together coating it all with the sauce, add the remaining scallions to the noodles
  • Once all the noodles are sauced add the shrimp back to the noodles and stir
  • Serve hot









Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment