Monday 22 February 2021

Instant ramen stir fry using jjapaghetti

 


Belly Full on a Budget

You can’t ever go wrong with a vegetable stir fry. It's cheap, it's quick and it's hella filling! this dish was perfection and it easily feeds four persons with two packs of noodles. To be honest I could have eaten the entire thing myself. But cooler heads prevailed, keep reading for the recipe.

When I was a teenager, I became a vegetarian for a year. I was standing in Mcdonald's (the days when McDonald’s was in Jamaica) and I didn’t know what to order I was just over meat I ordered a bottle of water and walked out. I became a vegetarian for an entire year. This was my go-to dinner, minus the sesame oil (since I had no idea what that was back in those days). I used the regular top ramen to make this dish with any veggies I felt like adding. Nowadays I’m obsessed with jjapaghetti which is an instant Korean black bean noodle its so good, sweet, and savory. I make chapaguri with it sometimes by mixing it with Neoguri noodles which is a spicy seafood noodle soup mix. However, it would have been way too spicy for Lizzie so I just went with the black bean noodles only. It was so good, especially spiced up with extra garlic ginger, and scallions.

Now ramen is always extremely cheap, the addition of carrots broccoli and other veggies do up the price, however, because the dish serves four it makes it more affordable to use the more expensive veggies. Especially broccoli, broccoli can be quite pricy here in Jamaica but you don’t need much to make a bang on this dish. And you can use cheaper instant noodles too, it will be good with whatever instant ramen you decide to use. Choose your favorite and get cooking. There are a whole lot of stir fry recipes out there online and I’m glad to share my version with you to try. Let me know how you like it.


Ingredients (printable recipe)
 
2 pack ramen
½ lb carrots
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon ginger
½ cup scallion
½ cup onion
¼ lb broccoli
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
 
Instructions
 

  • set some water to boil
  • prep the veggies, slice carrots, scallion, broccoli, onions
  • shred ginger and garlic
  • mix the sesame oil with vegetable oil and heat in a skillet or wok
  • add the carrots, broccoli, and onions and sauté for 3 minutes then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another 2 minutes
  • while the veggies are sautéing add the noodles and any dehydrated veggies it came with (if it came with them) to the boiling water, cook to packages directions.
  • strain the cooked noodles and add the hot noodles to the sauté veggies long with the seasoning packs and scallion. stir for a few minutes until incorporated and serve hot.




XoXo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment