Tuesday 21 January 2014

Creamy Chocolate vodkatini



"Feast of Saint Valentine"



I have taken you through breakfast, lunch and now dinner in the chocolate drinks department. Trying to figure out a simple chocolate alcoholic beverage recipe was a bit hard. I know nothing about mixology and I don’t even drink. But a few trial and errors led me to this delicious concoction.

 Like I said, I am not a drinker; in fact I really can’t stand the taste of alcohol. I may have a mojito or a belini here and there, but I can’t drink too much alcohol as my chest gets really hot, actually my whole body gets really hot. I rather a drink cool me down than burn me up. Not to mention the fact that I am a chugger, I drink really fast and in large gulps. I’m usually the one to finish two glasses of water and my soda at a restaurant even before the appetizers are out. So the whole sipping thing….not for me.

With that said there are always exceptions to the rule. Some Alcoholic drinks are delicious, but in my world I equate delicious to being sweet. If you dislike sweeter drinks, this may not be your glass of martini. While this is a strong drink (to me) I feel the sweetness and the crème de cacao flavor balances everything out. You could definitely sip and enjoy this. A dash of coffee would have also been a good addition. But I dint want to get too carried away



 Serves two 

Ingredients (printable recipe)

2 oz cream
4 oz crème de cacao
1.5 oz vodka
 Cherries and chocolate syrup garnish 

Instructions
  1. Chill glasses 
  2. Place ice in a cocktail shaker
  3. Add vodka, creme de cacao and cream
  4. shake thoroughly 
  5. Swirl some chocolate syrup inside
    the glass
  6. Pour in the mixture





And yes, I know its in a champagne glass :) Feel free to use an actual martini glass. I have none.

Greedy Tips:

  • Chilling the glasses makes the chocolate syrup less runny when you make a swirly design in the glass.
  • This can be made without the cream for an even crisper cleaner drink

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment