Friday 25 July 2014

Apple Kiwi Kooler



Cool it down


I was glancing at the drinks this month on my Instagram account. It got me thinking I’m missing blue and green drinks. Since I had no intention of wasting money on a bottle of blue curacao that I would never finish blue was immediately ruled out.  I figured I could definitely make a drink that was green. The first two fruits that came to mind were apples and kiwis. Now you can tell from the image above that this drink is not green, why? Because I could not find Kiwi juice, I searched all four grocery stores in my area to no avail. And I was far to lazy to make some from fresh kiwis. Thankfully I found a kiwi juice blend. This drink is green in spirit


Now that the color inspiration is explained, (and I know I say this all the time but) It taste sooooooo good. The apple vodka is so yummy with the kiwi juice. It’s incredibly refreshing and easy to make, the easiest drink I’ve made this month.  I wish I had a proper drink muddler, so I could really mush those kiwis to a pulp (maybe next time I will blend them). I’ve been using my tart tamper ;( don’t judge me lol! A girl has to use what she gots… It’s been working fine so far but there is always room for improvement.

This recipe makes enough for one drink. Yes one drink, I was in testing mode, so I didn’t want to make too much and it end up not being good, so I used a little restraint and just made one glass of this. But it’s easy enough to double or triple the recipe to your liking, especially if you have a cocktail shaker.




1 Serving

Ingredients (printable recipe)
1 ½ oz apple vodka
1 kiwi fruit
1 teaspoon sugar (white or brown)
½ cup Kiwi juice or kiwi juice blend




Greedy tip:

I highly recomend using a kiwi juice instead of a juice blend. The kiwi flavors will be much more prevalent and complement the apple....and it will be green!

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment