Friday 18 July 2014

My Milestones frozen peach bellini


Cool it down

About four years ago, which feels like a really long time ago , I went on a trip to visit some friends in Toronto. They took me to dinner at a restaurant called Milestones, really good food, but what got my attention was the most delicious drink in life. A frozen peach bellini, I can’t even describe the deliciousness, I have always wanted to replicate the drink but never had a reason, until now!

There are so many variations to this recipe online but few replicating the milestones version. The ones I did find mention something called peach crystals, which they mixed with the 7up. I really felt like a peach bellini should have actual peaches in it, after all its summer and we need a reason to utilize all the fresh fruits available to us during this time. So I decided to slice up 3 peaches and freeze them for 2 days so they were rock solid, I call them peach cubes. Then I used this in the drink as the peach element. 

My version is not as sweet and the alcohol taste is much more prevalent than theirs. To be honest if someone didn’t tell me the Milestones Bellini had alcohol in it I wouldn’t know. They also have a pink syrup that I have no clue what it is, some have said its sangria, but it taste like cherry strawberry to me, so I use a strawberry syrup for that. The drink is so very yummy, even though it’s not as perfect as milestones, it is delicious in its own right




Serves 3-4

Ingredients (printable recipe)
1 cup 7 up
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 cups frozen peaches
1 ½ cup Prosecco
¼ cup rum
Strawberry syrup to garnish





Greedy tips:

  • Make this kid friendly by skipping the rum and using a peach flavored nonalcoholic sparkling wine to replace the Prosecco.
  • If you don’t have an ice-cream maker:
    •  Alcoholic version: Blend the frozen peaches, sugar and 7 up together. Then place in a freezer safe container and freeze for about an hour or so to firm up not too hard or else it will be a nightmare to break up. Once its  harneded chop or break apart and then blend with the prosecoo and rum then serve. If you add the alcohol before you freeze it, it will never get hard!
    • Non-Alcoholic version: Since no alcohol is used in this version blend everything all at once then place in a freezer safe container and freeze until hardened. Chop and break apart into pieces then blend a second time and serve. Be mindful not to let it get too hard and rock solid before you blend the second time, because it will be very  hard to break apart if too tough.

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment