Tuesday 16 September 2014

Honey rosemary sausage



Luncahbles



Taking lunch to work is all good and well. But there comes a time when you are in no mood to prepare a lunch from the night before. If you are in need for something quick and simple to prepare, and by quick I mean 10 minutes max then this might be the lunch for you.

It took me approximately 6-8 minutes to prepare this. I was set to prepare something else for this post, however I had 3 other things to cook before my pedicure appointment and decided I had no time for another time consuming recipe. I opened the refrigerator grabbed some ingredients and here you have it. The great thing about this recipe is you can make it right before you head out the door, you might even pop a few pieces on top of some scrambled eggs too. But its takes next to no time to make a normal hotdog frank taste like it belongs at the grown up table.

This one can be had on its own, with rice, crackers, bread whatever you desire. A sausage and pepper sauté is quite simple, but the honey and rosemary give it an interesting little twist. Just enough to change up the normal flavor profile of your traditional hot dog.  I paired mine with some grapes and a muffin, just enough sweetness to balance the salty sausage. 





 Ingredients (printable recipe)

1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon oil
2 Sausage links
½ sweet Pepper
½ Onion
1 sprig Rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon Honey
Cayenne pepper (optional)

Instruction
  • Slice the peppers, onions and sausage
  • Melt butter and oil in the pan and add the peppers, onions and rosemary sprigs and sauté until the onions are just beginning to get tender
  • Add the sausage and brown on the two sides
  • Lastly stir in the honey into the mix and deglaze the pan with the honey 







Shopping

Get yourself one of these cute little lunch trays/plates I got a small one and I love it, will be using it to display all my lunch ideas for the rest of the month.

Left is a small 7x9 on the right is a large 9x11




 Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment