Tuesday 23 December 2014

Greedy Girl Eats: Glorias Seafood

BEST CRUNCH (Tied)

"Greedy Girl Eats"

Glorias seafood restaurant is one place that has such a great reputation. Its a spot I have always heard of and wanted to try. The reason why this place has eluded me for all these years is its location. All the way in Port royal; as in Pirates of the Caribbean Port Royal. One evening after picking up my sister from the airport we decided to make a quick stop at Glorias since we were a stones throw away. Lets see how their escovitch fish rated.

Escovitch fish is really just a well-seasoned fish fried crispy and topped with a spicy pickle sauce. The sauce is full of vinegar, onions, pimento, hot peppers and carrots. This sauce can be made and left to soak for months, even years and still be delicious. The longer it soaks the better the flavor.
The seventh restaurant I will review is  Glorias seafood restaurant . 

Name: Glorias
Location: Port Royal, Kingston Harbor



As usual the fish is done to Order. My sister came off her flight really hungry. The pound of fish gave us three nice sized parrot fish. NB. when I go to establishments for fish, Parrot is my favorite fish for escovitch. In any case, the fish was well seasoned, crispy and delicious. The pickle was not my favorite, I mean it actually had real pickles in it, which i have never seen before and thought it very interesting. However it was a tad bit too sour for me. Not only that there was something else in addition to the onions, pepper and real pickles. To this day I am trying to figure it out.

Seasoning: 9.5 Seasoned exceptionally well!
Consistency: 9 From what I have heard they are very consistent
Pickle: 7 There is an ingredient in the pickle that I'm still not quite sure of. Flavor wise it was ok but a little too sour for me. 
Crispiness: 10 Fish was super crispy yet tender on the inside.
Fish freshness: 10 Fish is quite fresh, falling apart
Hiccups: 0
 Total score 45.5/50 or 91%



What are those long strings? Potato maybe?



Greedy tips: 

  • There are two Glorias in Port Royal, we went to the one on First street by a police station.
  • There is ample enough street parking around the area.

Remember this review is JUST for the escovitch fish, not for their entire menu.And from what I hear you cant go wrong with anything you choose


Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment