Friday 10 April 2015

Quick veggie stir-fry




M...eat...less

For the next episode of meat less month we have the stir fry of veggies. Who doesn’t love a good vegetable stir fry? This one is extremely quick, easy and delicious. This stir fry is probably the most simple you will ever attempt, perfect on its own or with a side of…meat

I was in a rush a few weeks ago to make a quick vegetable stir fry for dinner. I looked in the refrigerator and took out whatever we had, which was a bunch of bok choy and one singular carrot. I decided I would have to make due. I took out some garlic and ginger, figuring it may be a good idea to introduce some other flavors, and while sautéing the bright idea to add honey popped in my head. It was the perfect addition. The veggies are just cooked with a slight crunch, garlicky gingery and slightly sweet. It’s not every day you see people adding honey to veggies, but in this case it totally works. 

For this recipe I decided to mix shanghai choy with boc choy only because the day I shopped for the blog they had shanghai choy available, there is no real difference in taste, the shanghai choy may be a little more tender but that’s about it. You could even do only shanghai choy sauté them whole for a different kind of presentation. Feel free to add other stir fry veggies to the mix for an even more appealing dish.





1 head of bok choy
1 head of shanghai choy
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon shredded ginger
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon black pepper



Greedy tips:

  • Make sure to make this right before serving so you get the veggies at their best. It does not store well in the refrigerator.
  • Use a wok or a non-stick pan (I didn’t in the video and my ginger and garlic stuck to the pan)
  • Try not to cook the veggies for too long you don’t want them soggy they should be slightly crispy cooking times is no longer than 4-5 minutes. 

Xoxo Greedygirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment