Friday 15 May 2015

Broccoli Omelette


The best way to eat an egg!


It’s always a good thing when you can include veggies in breakfast without drinking it. Hello my name is Greedy and I HATE smoothies, shakes or any form of meal replacement drinks as breakfast.  It’s only fair that after fasting all night I be allowed to chew the next morning. And If I must chew on something it might as well be this ‘bombtastic’ omelette!

This was the omelette that was the catalyst for omelette month. Last month I made some fried broccoli and cauliflower bites and had some broccoli left over. I decided to utilize the broccoli in my breakfast and whipped up this quick meal. Great call! The onions, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli and cheese make a perfect combination.

I have made this for several picky eaters who all found it delicious and did not miss the usual bacon filling. This omlette is very hearty and filling. The best thing in my opinion is the texture of the broccoli, they were not blanched or cooked in any way before adding them so they retain this slightly firm texture and end up being perfectly steam cooked. You could easily start an omelette assembly line at home cooking these things for a summer brunch.


P.S. Shout out to my girl Shakira for the urban dictionary lessons in using the word ‘Bombtastic’





2 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon chopped Sweet pepper
2 tablespoon Onion chopped
2 tablespoon tomato chopped
¼ cup broccoli
¼ cup Cheddar Cheese (greedy tips for flavored cheese)




Greedy Tips

  • Try using a flavored cheese, they always enhance the taste rather than just pain ole cheddar. I am partial to Yanceys Fancy cheeses. I use them in all my omelettes.

I can recommend the buffalo wing, champagne, steakhouse onion, Habanaero & Jalapeno, Smoked gouda, Smoked gouda with bacon. If your in the US your in luck because its sold almost everywhere and you can get it online. However the only place I have seen them in Jamaica (and where I even found out about them) in in Mega Mart.


Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment