Friday 19 June 2015

Parmesan Garlic Fries


Summa Summa Summa time!


How many times have you had parmesan garlic fries at a restaurant and thought “I wish I could make them at home”. Well my fellow foodies I have cracked the parmesan garlic fries code ‘fa realz!’ And they taste EXACTLY like the ones we know and love at all these fabulous restaurants. The secret is in the parmesan, keep reading!
This all started a few weeks ago while I was in New York. My sister took me to a restaurant called Yard House at Ridge Hill Mall. Everything about their food is turn all the way up! Can I tell you how yummy their burgers are not to mention the truffle fries and parmesan garlic fries; perfectly thin crispy and flavorful…I can’t…

So any way, my sister ordered the fries (which I totally devoured) and we had a mini discussion about how we wish we knew how to make fries like these at home. And that’s when I decided I’m going to add fries to the summer side dish month and try to come up with an easy recipe (In case you were wondering these fries trumped mashed potatoes for the blog debut). With that plan in mind I dissected the fries with every bite, looking at the consistency, what ingredients it looked like it contained etc.

Armed with the memories of those yummy fries, the first thing I knew right off the bat, was fresh grated parmesan was not going to cut it. That is not what’s on these fries. They use that pre grated powdery parmesan cheese that Kraft sells (which I generally hate). I also noticed that the parsley and garlic were minced very finely and there was an oil holding the mix all together sometimes in clumps. All in all it was a great success the only thing I would change next time is maybe cut the fries a little thicker. 


  
2 large potatoes
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup chopped parsley
7 cloves shredded garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup grape seed oil






Greedy tips:
  • I probably wouldn’t cut my fries so thin next time, because they do shrink when they are cooked.
  • If you don’t want to bake in the oven you can double fry instead. First fry around 340 to cook the fries (They will be limp) and the second fry at 375 to make them super crispy
  • You can use any oil, I use grape seed oil because its light and flavorless 

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment