Friday 6 November 2015

Cheesy Ranch Biscuits:Red lobster style


"Christmas is coming"


What’s better than the bread basket that graces a dinner table before a meal? I’ve said it in prior posts that the bread basket it quite possibly my favorite part of a sit down dinner. With that said, I decided that every November I’m going to create at least one biscuit, roll or bread. This biscuit is inspired by Red Lobsters cheddar bay biscuits. They are the perfect cream biscuits, cheesy, soft, slightly herby and garlicky.
Red lobster after many years decided to share their biscuits with us at home. However if…

A--Your grocery store does not carry that
B--You don’t live near to a Red lobster restaurant.
C--You don’t live in the United States of America.
Or D—All of the above,

…then this recipe is for you.

I love using the cream biscuit method because it’s so easy. You get the cold fat mixed in the flour without having to deal with cold or frozen butter pulsing in a food processor or mixing by hand with a fork. Even though I generally hate filming recipe where I work with flour,  I definitely had to film the process of making these biscuits. Last year I had a slightly difficult time explaining the method of folding the dough for the garlic rosemary cream biscuits (which are bombtastic!).If you had no idea what I was trying to explain in that biscuit recipe you can see what I meant here.

I made these on a Sunday evening; they were done by Monday, still yummy even after being reheated. Super quick and easy, no need for fancy machines or anything to make these in 20 minutes or less literally, Its 8 minutes in the oven and it won’t take 15 minutes to mix all the other ingredients together. Homemade at its best! 





1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
5 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 pack hidden valley ranch sachet (added to melted butter)
½ pack hidden valley ranch sachet (added to flour mix)
2 cup self-rising flour (plus more for dusting)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cup heavy cream (cold)



Greedy tips:

  • For added flavor add this to the ranch and melted butter
          1 clove shredded garlic
          1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
          1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives 

 I didn’t have any fresh herbs on hand, or else I would have done this. 


Xoxo Greedygirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment