Friday 9 September 2016

Tasty cheese steak sliders


'Sammies' 


This one right here is so delicious. I have always used dinner rolls to make sliders but never thought to make one huge slider and then cut them up into pieces after. I got this brilliant idea from one of buzz feed tasty’s videos. They made sliders four ways, and I remember thinking, they should have made a cheese steak slider.

Since their intention was to inspire, I took that inspiration and made a delicious, simple and super-fast cheese steak slider. I won’t call it a Philly cheese steak slider, because I’m not in Philly. However I will say it is extremely delicious. For me it’s the sautéed onions and peppers that make a cheese steak sandwich great. I love how amazingly crispy the bread got on the outside and how chewy and tender it was in the filling. 



Now let’s talk about the meat. For this recipe I had to use a sirloin, I would have rather used a marbled rib eye; however the grocery store at the time did not have any. And at the moment, I don’t have access to a butcher who could get me whatever cut I like. Had I used a rib eye instead of a sirloin the meat would have been much juicier, because sirloin is a leaner cut and has very little fat and rib eye is the opposite. I made sure to choose the fattiest piece of sirloin they had on the shelves.  As for the seasonings, I didn’t season sirloin with anything more than salt. I was trying to keep the flavors as authentic as possible.   Thank you Tasty for the idea. 




½ to 1 pound thin sliced rib-eye
¼ to ½  teaspoon salt
1 large onion
1 sweet green bell pepper
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon butter
6 slice provolone cheese
1 package of dinner rolls



 Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment