Saturday 29 October 2016

Spicy pumpkin potato salad




Pumpkin Everythang!

Last May while in NY for mother’s day and a slew of graduations, I made a roasted poblano pepper potato salad that was so good. It was definitely in my top 5 potato salads ever made.  Every time I make a potato salad it is always a unique one with a different flavor and completely different ingredients. Today I decided to bring back my roasted poblano pepper potato salad with sweet roasted pumpkins added to the mix.


I’m looking at the blog in shock and awe that I don’t have a mayo based potato salad recipe up.  it’s actually a shocker because I’m always making potato salads with different flavor profiles. Well let me rephrase that, every time I’m in NY I’m always making potato salads. I am always adding something that I’ve never added before. Everyone loved the poblano pepper salad the last time, and since it pumpkin month and sweetness tempers spicy it’s a match made in heaven.

I will say, without bias that this may be the most delicious potato salad I have ever made. The pumpkin and potato are delicious together, and the herbs that flavored the dressing are perfection. The shallots , chive, sage and garlic married with the roaster peppers, siracha, touch of sweetness from the honey and the mayo it perfection. I Think an important part of any potato salad it the mayo I used Sir Kensington’s classic mayo, it has all of 10 ingredients that I can pronounce. The thing I love with their mayo is that its flavor is so robust on its own and they use sunflower or avocado oil to make their mayo. It is one of the keys to this perfect potato salad. 



Ingredients (pritnable recipe)

1 ½ cup mayo
1 jalapeno pepper
1 red pepper
1 poblano pepper
3 shallots minced
3 garlic cloves shredded
1 tablespoon chopped chives
3 sage leave minced
½ teaspoon Siracha hot sauce
1 teaspoon Maple syrup
3 pinches Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
½ teaspoon Onion powder
½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon allspice
3 cups roasted pumpkin
2 cups cooked potato

Instructions


  • Preheat oven to 400 degree
  • Peel chop and cook pumpkin until tender on a non-stick baking sheet
  • Set aside pumpkin to completely cool
  • Bring some salted water to boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender
  • Rinse the potatoes,with cold water after cooked and allow it to cool
  • Place all the peppers on the open flames and allow them to char
  • Once charred completely put in a sealable container and leave them to steam for 5 minutes
  • Run the peppers under some water to remove the charred skin
  • Remove the seeds and stem and slice peppers
  • In a bowl make the dressing by combining , mayo, roasted peppers, shallots, garlic, chives, sage leaves, siracha and maple syrup
  • Add the cooled potatoes and pumpkin
  • Season with black pepper, salt, onion powder, smoked paprika, and all spice
  • Place in a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes for it to chill and for the flavors to develop
  • This is best is made from the day before.




Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment