Tuesday 6 December 2016

Pomegranate and ginger Roasted chicken


"Christmas is coming"


Don’t you guys love how I am expanding my chicken database on the blog. Not too long ago I was looking real shabby when it came on to chicken and now I’m really starting to build up a mass of recipes, Yay me. In any case this chicken dish is quite flavorful, it could be the browned butter, it could be the pomegranates, the ginger, who knows. Everything came together quite nicely.

Its recipe like this that make me miss my Jamaican kitchen. I had to use a huge cake pan to fit both chickens because, my aunts are living with a kitchen where they don’t have a large sheet pan that can hold two chickens…HOW? Had I known this I would have bout two foil pans but by the time I realized this mess the chicken was skin down in the pan browning.

This was such a hard recipe to film and cook, I literally had none of my normal tools, the kitchen is small, not enough counter space, I Have to do photography in the living room on a small little table I set up, The smoke detectors are incredibly sensitive, So I have to be very mindful of that, the magic bullet broke, there is no blender, and the bullet kept spilling as I had to do the sauce in batches. I forgot to show the pomegranate seeds as a garnish, I mean anything that could go wrong went wrong. There are so many steps I wanted to show on film but couldn’t. whatever! Thankfully I turned out lovely. Really great recipe for a Christmas dinner, I find it to be very warm and festive.




2 whole chickens back bone and chest bone removed
Dry rub
1 tablespoon no salt seasoning mix
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon onion powder
4 teaspoon ground allspice
4 tablespoon oil
For the chicken
6 tablespoon butter
2 pomegranates
1 cup chopped onion
4 tablespoon grated ginger
3 tablespoon Honey
1 ½ cup Water
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup Brown sugar

Greedy Tips:

  • Season the inside of the chicken and under the skin with the dry rub and let it soak over night. If you cant to it overnight let is marinate for at least an hour
  • I forgot to show this on camera, but save some of the fresh pomegranates to garnish the chicken. The tart sweet pomegranate seeds are yummy with the chicken
  • You can also grate some fresh ginger in the final sauce to give it an extra kick





XOXO Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment