Tuesday 13 March 2018

Sweet chili garlic lobster pops





"Something Smells Fishy"


This is a pretty great way to cook lobster. garlic, sweet, and spicy, are a match made in foodie heaven. And for anyone who loves lobster, this is a really easy way to make it in the kitchen not requiring a grill or any fancy equipment. Not to mention turning it into a “pop” will make it the star of your next party.


The best thing about the recipes this month is how fast they cook. For the most part (with the exception of maybe conch) seafood cooks incredibly fast, most don’t even require cooking at all. Most of the time if I need a quick dinner, I turn to some form of seafood. Seasonings adhere very quickly, so you don’t need a whole lot of time or any at all for marinating and it cooks just as fast. Salmon, 8 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness, shrimp 4 minutes, fish fried in very hot oil is literally 4 minutes per side, lobster, about 10 minutes of cooking, mussels around 7 minutes steaming.

As you may or may not know, I don’t really like lobster. Shrimp and fish more my speed. I’m wondering if I should just start eating it, considering how often I’ve been cooking it since lately. There is just a taste It has that I can’t get past. I will take a bite here and there, but to have a whole plate as a meal…I’m not there yet. I taste my lobster dishes enough to know that they taste good, but that’s about it. So I can assure you that this dish does taste good. 

With that being said, this is a large "pop" one lobster tail per . You can certainly cut the tails down, but mine were relatively small. And not only that, when it comes to lobster I feel the serving size should be one tail per person.

 My husband went to town on his lobster pop. I had to use the remaining tail to make him a lobster and cheese panini later that night when he got hungry again. That I did not taste, but he assured me it was fabulous.



Ingredients (printable recipe)

3 lobster tails
2-3 cups lobster of fish stock
1 tablespoon White sugar
2 tablespoon butter
2 chili peppers minced
3 tablespoon finely chopped onion
6 garlic cloves shredded
Salt to taste
Black pepper

Instructions

  • Remove the lobster whole from the tail
  • Skewer with a wooden stick to make it into a ‘pop” this also prevents it from curling up when cooking
  • Bring the lobster or fish stock to boil,
  • Add the lobster tails and cook for 6 minutes
  • Remove the lobster from the stock and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
  • Don’t keep it in the ice bath too long, just enough time so that it is no longer hot and set aside
  • In a hot saucepan add the sugar
  • Add 3 tablespoons of stock to the sugar it should bubble up and begin to get dark
  • Once it starts to get dark add the butter, onions, and chili
  • Saute for a bit the liquid will evaporate
  • Add another ¼ cup of stock with the shredded garlic, bring to a boil and allow to reduce to a light glaze
  • Toss in the lobster tails to get coated in the sauce and to warm through
  • Finish with salt and black pepper if needed. My stock is heavily salted so I did not need additional salt








XOXO Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment