Friday 2 May 2014

Hungry Man Scramble



Breakfast is served! 


I take my eggs very seriously; as a matter of fact I take breakfast very seriously. It’s surprising to me that I took this long to dedicate a month of blogging solely to breakfast foods.  This post is about the most filling delicious and healthy scrambled egg platter you will ever eat. It’s so good in fact that after a serving of this breakfast, you would have cast a very powerful spell on your significant other, enough so that thoughts of proposals will begin to swarm in the minds.

 So be warned, if it is your intent to have a fling, no strings attached, non-committed, no marriage relationship, DO NOT COOK THE FOOD ON THIS BLOG AND SERVE IT TO SAID PERSON!  But if you’re trying to lock it down real quick…stick around.

 It is without a doubt that my love for breakfast and eggs came from my Father. When I was a child he would scald 8 to 10 eggs to perfection. The egg whites are perfectly cooked however the yolks were hot and runny. He started out doing maybe three for himself, but when my siblings and I started attacking him and fighting each other for a taste of the last spoon he increased the number. I think our max at one sitting was 10 eggs. We would sit around him while he cracked the top seasoned with salt and pepper and used a small spoon to scoop the insides. We all got one spoonful from each egg (like pass-round donkey) with one lucky person getting the last scoop. Thinking back, I now realize that is why I can’t stand a runny egg. I would most certainly gag if I had to eat a scalded egg today.

Currently in our household each shopping trip we buy 4 to 5 dozens of eggs that may last 4 to 5 days maximum and 5 days is a stretch. We have eggs for dinner, lunch or breakfast, and each person uses three either all whites or one whole and two whites or some similar variation. Pops is even thinking about raising chickens!

 With that said you can see why this recipe for scrambled eggs contains 11 ingredients, and don’t be fooled, each and every ingredient adds a different component to the dish. We cook eggs with love and care. It is truly the perfect food. So sit back relax and enjoy this video and I’m sure by the time you have finished watching it you’re going to head down to the kitchen to scramble some eggs.




Ingredients (printable recipe)

3 eggs (2 whole 1 white)
1 tablespoon cream or whole milk
1 pinch black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 small tomato
½ small onion chopped
1 tsp. grape seed oil
1 tablespoon spicy southwest butter (click here)
3 strips Canadian bacon
1 wedge garlic and herb laughing cow cream cheese
1 Tomato flavored tortilla wrap





Greedy tips:


  • Adding cream/milk to your eggs is optional, but I usually do it because it adds extra moisture to the eggs, so I can have fully cooked eggs that are still moist and creamy, especially after the addition of the cream cheese.
  • Make sure to beat your eggs thoroughly! The cream in combination with beating your eggs also helps with volume. I only used three eggs ( two whole eggs and one white) and after it was cooked it could have easily served two people. The volume increases drastically. That's why its the Hungry man Scramble!
  • I like to cover and steam cook the eggs on low heat; it helps with moisture as well. They don’t dry out, they become light and fluffy.
  • The southwest butter has roasted peppers and chilis in it along with cayenne pepper paprika etc. It adds loads of flavor to the eggs
  • I’m now a teacher on curious.com so If you’re wondering about that awesome southwest butter, head on over to my curious.com account I have a course teaching how to make 5 different flavored butters. 


Xoxo Greedygirl



No comments:

Post a Comment