Tuesday 3 June 2014

Mochaccino Cupcakes


Cake Cake Cake...

Well greedy guys and gals it’s another year and another June, my birthday month. So I decided that a month of baking cakes and cupcakes is in order (let’s forget for a moment that baking is not my forte) I begin with chocolate, simple chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing, black on black. Well not too simple seeing as though I added coffee into the mix.

These are probably the easiest and quickest cupcakes I make. Normally I’m adding fillings, and toppings and all sorts of time consuming good stuff, I figured I would go easy on the first post and ease into the cream cheese fillings on the next post. I even went so far as to use a pre-made icing, yes the “home made” queen used a store bought chocolate icing, and boy was it amazing. The Pillsbury chocolate fudge is rich, creamy, perfect consistency honestly I don’t see myself making chocolate icing again from scratch if I don’t have to.

The cupcakes are moist, light and have a lovely coffee flavor. The recipe makes 12 cupcakes, make sure to not overfull the pans with batter, but even if you do these cupcakes rise perfectly to form little peaks. Try these for the kids...with decaf 

Ingredients  (printable recipe)
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup oil
½ cup sour cream
½ cup very black strong coffee
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla

Icing
Pillsbury chocolate fudge icing


Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Make black coffee with the hot water and instant coffee
  • In a mixer blend together the oil and sugar
  • In a dish combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and coco powder
  • Add the eggs to the oil and sugar mix blend until the mixture is fluffy
  • Add vanilla and fold in the sour cream
  • Add the flour followed by the coffee, do not over mix just blend until the dry and wet ingredients have come together.
  • Place in prepared cupcake pans and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
  • Remove the cupcakes from the tray and allow cooling before icing



Greedy tips:
  • I recommend using cupcake liners for this, I had none or else I would have used some
  • Don't over mix when you have added the sour cream or the flour
  • Use as little or a much icing as you like, I highly recommend the chocolate fudge icing with this cupcake, it really works well with the coffee flavor

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment