Thursday 30 October 2014

Jell-O No-bake pumpkin cheesecake



“Pumpkin Everythang”
 
Say hello to yours and my new best friend. Despite the fact that I hate cheesecake I wanted to make one with pumpkin but it had to be easy. I have been seeing these jello no bake cheesecake boxes for a very long time on the supermarket shelves. So I figured I would pop a can of pumpkin puree in it and make some pumpkin cheesecake bars. So said, so done.

I have a best friend who loves this stuff and makes it all the time. However I can say I was very very hesitant. I could not figure out how a powder mixed with milk could be considered cheesecake. I easily pushed those doubts aside and went for it full throttle. With the pumpkin and pumpkin spice addition it taste nothing like cheesecake and everything like a pumpkin pie. I mean it really taste exactly like a pumpkin pie its incredible. I prefer a thicker crust so I used two boxes so I could double the gram cracker crust portion of the recipe. However I only used one package of the cheesecake filling mix.

The added pumpkin spice in the cheesecake mix and the crust really send this dessert over the edge in terms of pumpkin goodness. I’m totally surprised that Jell-O does not shoot out a few of these with the pumpkin spice flavor. Maybe next year they can add my recipe to the box come thanksgiving time.






2 packs Jell-O No-bake cheesecake mix
1 1/2 cup milk
10 tablespoon melted Butter
4 table spoon Sugar
3 table spoon Pumpkin pie spice
1 can Pumpkin puree




Greedy Tips:

  • Make sure to whip up the filling so its as thick as possible because the addition of the pumpkin does soften it up a bit. 
  • Also if you don't want as thick a crust as I did just use one box of the dessert instead of two.  
  • Follow the instructions the box, however i refrigerate mine overnight not for one hour. 

Remember EVERY October is pumpkin month, check out 9 pumpkin recipes from last year  and get the links to the recipes from earlier this month below.

 In case you missed it...




Pumpkin omelet



 


Pumpkin Hot chocolate






Pumpkin Fish pie






Pumpkin ricotta cannelloni 






Jamaican Chicken & Pumpkin soup






Curry chicken pot pumpkin pie






Asian turkey stuffed squash






Roasted Pumpkin cranberry hash 
 
 


Xoxo Greedygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment