Friday 27 March 2015

Jerk Lobster Pasta


Something Smells Fishy...

Do you have any jerk sauce left over from your salmon? Well here is the best use for it. A delicious Jerk lobster pasta, which is sure to please any lobster lover in your life. I don’t eat lobster, not allergic, just not a fan of the flavor, however I have received nothing but rave reviews on this dish which happened purely by accident.
My family does not eat lobster unless it’s a special occasion; Christmas, thanksgiving or any other large gathering. Last Christmas we purchased four lobster tails to make the usual garlic grilled lobster. Dinner was set to be the usual 10 person max some of whom do not eat lobster, so four tails split in half would have been sufficient. Long story short that 10 person list changed to 32 with no options to buy more lobster. So I got creative, I needed to stretch four lobster tails and make it feed 32 persons, a pasta dish was the first thing that came to mind. Then I realized I had a vat of jerk sauce to make jerk snapper and parrot fish. So I cut it in half and used some of the sauce to make a creamy jerk pasta sauce and the rest for the fish.

Needless to say the lobster pasta was a hit; the only issue was it was extremely spicy. But everyone still loved it. I made sure to tone down the heat for the recipe.



Jerk Marinade
1 tablespoon Thyme
1 large Onion
1 cup chopped Scallion
2 Scotch bonnet pepper
2 stick salted Butter
¼ cup Grape seed oil
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black pepper
2 tablespoon Ground allspice

Lobster pasta  
2 lobster tails
4 pinches of Salt (to season lobster)
¼ teaspoon Black pepper (to season lobster)
1 teaspoon Oil (to season lobster)
1 ½ cup Jerk marinade (veggies only not butter)
1 ½ cup Heavy cream
¼ cup Water
1 table spoon sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
½ - ¾ box of Cooked pasta of your choice

Dinner for 32

Greedy Tips:
  • I would recommend grilling the lobster in the shell (even though I did not on the video). Slice the tail in half devein and season with the salt black pepper and oil. Grill on both side shell side first for about 3 minutes. Remove the meat from the shell, slice and use in the pasta. I did not have lobster tails I had to buy lobster meat. However the tail meat is the best for this recipe.
  • Remember to devein the lobster tail. It’s a long brown string running up the center of the tail, once you cut it you will see it.

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment