Friday 28 August 2015

Shrimp burger with cucumber pickle slaw


Burger Showdown!


Generally November is my favorite blog month. I really enjoy cooking all the Christmas recipes. However this burger month has come really close to being one of the best. I truly enjoyed experimenting and creating all the flavor combinations of all the burgers past. This shrimp patty however is my absolute favorite of the month. I feel like I say that about every last post. But I swear to you, you don’t need any bread, you don’t need any cucumber slaw all you need in life is a plate full of these shrimp patties.

The shrimp patty is super meaty and bursting with shrimp. I definitely wanted to have a high ration of shrimp to filler so by time it cooks it would seem like 100 percent shrimp and not a bread crumb filled patty with bits of shrimp in it. The roasted red pepper adds the most delicious flavor.

Let’s not forget the yummy cucumbers. What I plan on doing it making a batch of these and storing in the freezer so I can have them on hand any time I’m ready for a quick dinner.




For the patty
2 lb peeled deveined Shrimp
1 Roasted red pepper
1 small shallot
1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon blackpepper
1 egg
¼ cups panko
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Cucumber salad
1 Cucumber sliced
¼ cup chopped red onion
1 teaspoon chopped oregano
1 teaspoon chopped dill
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 ½  tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
Toppings
Mayonnaise
Toasted buns





And this concludes my month of burger recipes. Next month its all about pasta!!

In case you missed it...



The classic beef burger






 Salmon burger with sweet dill cream






Garden Burger






Pork Feta burger with Asian slaw






BBQ Blue beef burger






Sweet and spicy chicken burger






Curry goat burger 








Xoxo Greedygirl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment