Sunday 6 November 2016

Salmon in a lemon dill coconut cream sauce


"Christmas is coming"
 

It’s shocking how far I’ve come in the development of my palate.  There was a time where I would never put rosemary or dill anything to my mouth. Even salmon I hated at one point. And now what do we have here? Salmon and dill? It’s a miracle, a extremely delicious creamy and flavorful miracle.
I am currently in a new space living with a bunch of meat eaters and one pescatarian who does not cook yet dreams of one day becoming vegan. So in addition to chicken and pork, I have been cooking salmon and vegan meals a lot so that she will actually have more to eat than white rice, ketchup and butter (her specialty). Every week I try to make salmon a different way,  this blog post also doubled as Sunday dinner last week. 

I love cooking whole slabs of salmon, but I also love cooking these skinless thick strips. A good sear on each side with the middle still slightly raw, then simmered in whatever sauce to get the center cooked to perfection. This leads to a tender and juicy, melts like butter salmon.  It always baffles me how simple salmon is to cook, yet it’s one fish that gets massacred way too often. Everyone has horror stories of terrible salmon dishes at restaurants, and weddings. Generally speaking I cook salmon at home, but never order it out unless I am sure it won’t be dry and tough.

If you’re a dill and salmon fan, get to the grocery store and make this for dinner. It will be a perfect addition to the holiday table for all your fish eating family members. 





3-5 slices of skinless Salmon
2-3 pinches Salt per salmon
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon chopped Dill
1 teaspoon Lemon zest
3 Garlic cloves shredded
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon Maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ Lemon juice






Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment