Saturday 1 September 2018

Garlic Grilled Salmon with parsley butter



"We be Grillin"


Gone are the days when I detest Salmon. I remember the beginning of this blogging journey I did not eat salmon at all. In-fact my first salmon recipe post was called “I hate salmon”. Since then, my cooking life has been filled with making salmon all kinds of ways, from burgers, to pizza. This recipe is simply grilled and coated in a herb sauce.


With the addition of this salmon recipe I will have 12 salmon recipes on this blog. I must admit that this one is my favorite. Its very easy to make, you end up with a perfectly cooked, tender and flakey steak. The sweet and sour parsley sauce coupled with the garlic marinade the salmon is coated, in is a perfect match. If its one thing you don’t want to do with salmon its over cook it. Thicker slices or a whole slab requires longer times, but thinner slices cook fast. My favorite way to cook is to grill on all sides and leave it to rest for a while to allow the residual heat to finish cooking it through to the center. It’s a perfect bite every time, juicy and tender. For a whole slab, broiling for 15 minutes does the trick.

I made this for dinner with some chive mashed potatoes and everyone was in heaven. I guess my taste buds just finally grew up. I will admit that my dislike for salmon originated from having dried out trashy salmon at a few restaurants. When I started cooking it myself was when I realized that there is a whole other world of fish that I was missing out on. This recipe is just the latest reinvention of its deliciousness. I hope you guys try it out and enjoy it as much as we did.





4 Salmon slices
8 Garlic gloves
½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
¼ cup light Oil (grapeseed oil recommended)
¼ teaspoon Salt
For the sauce
2 tablespoons Lime juice
3 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped Parsley





Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment