Monday 15 March 2021

Low Calorie Fish Tikka Tacos

 


Low-Calorie Living 

I really really really love tacos. I never met a fish taco I did not like. I am on a little quest to eat healthier and have meals with more veggies, lean meats, and fiber. So I'm not about to be making ribs mashed potatoes gravy and mac n cheese for the blog to tempt myself. So the blog gets whatever I am eating. So these next few recipes are about keeping the calories low but the flavors high. That’s my motto, the food has to be delicious no matter what! these tacos did not disappoint!

Can you believe these only pack 360 calories in 3 tacos and really it's fewer calories, I averaged it at 360 incase anyone adds extra sauce or went a bit heavier with the fish on each taco. But it's quite filling the oatmeal shells are sturdy, the veggies add crunch the sauce is creamy and flavorful, succulent fish just wow. It was amazing

I can't lie the oatmeal shell did throw me. First of all oat flour is nothing more than blended oatmeal however, it needs to be blended to a fine fine, fine powder. If you can find oat flour already milled, great, if not do what I did and blend it. In my first batch, I didn’t blend enough and had to redo it cause it just turned into a clumpy mess. But all in all, it was so good, I was full after two tacos. And I can't believe how few calories all three had for something that tasted so delicious and was so filling. Give this a try.



Ingredients (printable recipe)

Sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 garlic clove shredded.
1 tablespoon shredded onion
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 ½ teaspoon dill
½ teaspoon salt
to season Fish
3 fish filet slices
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon tikka masala spice
2 tablespoon oil to sear fish
Taco shell
2 ¼ cup oatmeal flour
¾ to 1 cup water
½ teaspoons alt
1 teaspoon coconut oil
toppings
roasted red pepper.
red onion
purple cabbage
cilantro


Instructions

  • Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set them aside
  • Combine the fish seasoning ingredients, season the fish on both sides, and set aside
  • knead together oat flour, salt, oil, and water.
  • Form into 8 small balls covered with a damp paper towel and set aside
  • Roast the red pepper on an open flame until completely charred
  • place in a covered dish to steam 
  • peel away all the charred skin, slice remove seeds, and set aside
  • shred cabbage, chop cilantro, and sliced onions
  • heat oil in a pan and sear the fish on both sides until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
  • Heat a nonstick pan and lightly grease with an oiled paper towel
  • Roll out the dough between parchment paper and cook in the pan for about 2 minutes per side
  • Assemble the taco with cooked fish, sauce, toppings, and extra sauce


Greedy Tips:

  • I added little sprits of water to my taco dough balls before I rolled them out because they got a little dry. and if the dough is too dry it cracks a lot when rolling out.

Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment