Friday 11 July 2014

Pina Colada Mojito


Cool it down 



Home alone one Saturday I created this concoction. A hybrid of two drinks, pina colada ( my mother’s favorite) and my go to drink the mojito. It was a no-brainer that I had to figure out a way to incorporate the amazing cocomania coconut rum into something this month.  A few days after I purchased the bottle, two small but sweet pineapples were picked from the yard and the light bulb went off immediately.


I’m not sure if I have ever seen this made before, or even in this way. But the mix works for me.  I too love a pina colada but I tend to get the virgin ones because the alcohol content mask the coconut flavors and especially the pineapple flavors. But in this mojito both flavors are prevalent,

I wish I had some pineapple liquor, I would have added a ½ ounce of it or so, just to enhance the pineapple flavors just a tad more. However the drink is quite good. This rum mojito has a stronger punch than the Vodka based blueberry mojito I made last week. That one was smooth and sweet , this one is coconut citrusy and strong.  That’s the thing with rum; rum does not pretend to be the nice guy he tells you straight up I will put your lights out. However vodka is a sneaky one, pretends to be gentle and subtle but then knocks your right out with a blow to the back of the head. 



“Drunkability”: 3+ I would say the average person could possibly have about 2 glasses of this by the third drink you will begin to giggle and feel warm and tingly inside.

Makes one serving

Ingredients  (printable recipe)

3-5 mint leaves
2 tablespoon sugar
1 lime
3 chopped pineapple slices
1 ½ ounce coconut rum
crushed Ice
Seltzer water

 Garnish
 Pineapple slice 






Xoxo Greedygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment