Friday 22 May 2015

Pepperoni Pizza Omelette



The best way to eat an egg!


Pizza for breakfast is almost as common as having an omelette. Today we combine the two, a delicious peperoni pizza omelette filled with mozzarella cheese. Serve this with some toast and you will truly feel as though you’re eating a slice from your favorite pizza shop.

This was probably the most experimentation I did this month. I knew I wanted a pizza omelette but I didn’t want to just toss the pizza sauce in the omelette like a filling. I like to literally incorporate ingredients. So instead of milk I decided to add the pizza sauce to the egg and whip it all together.

The added liquid does make the egg take longer to set, as you can see I had to lightly scramble it first to get it to begin to set, due to its viscosity. But after its set, covered and begins to cook, flipping should be an easy enough task. I will say this is a more delicate omelette than all the others I have previously made. I would recommend using whole egg variations (as opposed to whites only) for this recipe; the yolks add a bit more sturdiness to the mixture. I used in the video 1 egg white and 1 whole egg, I should have used 2 whole eggs for a more sturdy egg structure. 

This omelette may not be the prettiest but it certainly delivers on pizza flavor. Only two omelettes to go in the month!!!




2 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 garlic clove shredded
3 tablespoons pizza sauce
3 pepperoni slices
¼ cup mozzarella




Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment