Friday 11 March 2016

Curry Fried Lobster



Something Smells Fishy...

I always have to include lobster in seafood month. Even though I dislike lobster, I’m doing two lobster recipes this month. This, the first of the two, is an experiment with a non-traditional way of cooking lobster. I hardly ever see persons deep fry lobster the same way we do shrimp or even crab. It tuned out pretty good, and that’s coming from a girl who hates lobster.

I don’t know what it is about lobster that I dislike, I’m not allergic, but it’s just so big and meaty, with that weird tasting sweet meat. I mean it’s not terrible, but I much prefer shrimp. Generally if it’s cut up into small bits, I’ll eat it, but I’m just truly not a fan.

This recipe is very simple, as seafood recipes tend to be. I decided to add extra flavor by adding the curry powder, onion and garlic powder. I was going to add some allspice but I did not want to over power or mask the flavor of the lobster too much with the added seasonings. The coolest part about this dish is how impressive and massive it looks on the plate. I can only imagine if the two tails were surrounded by mountains of parmesan garlic fries; one would be in a delicious high cholesterol heaven.

I can honestly say that this tasted pretty good (almost like chicken). You could taste the lobster meat, it was not tough and rubbery and the coating was crispy and flavorful.  I promptly threw a couple shrimp in the same seasoning mix and fried those as well (now that was yummy) The seasoning mix can coat fish, lobster, shrimp or conch, so if you don’t like lobster you don’t have an excuse.




2-4 lobster tails
2 tablespoon Curry powder
1 tablespoon sea Salt
½  teaspoon Black pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
2 tablespoon Onion powder
1 cup Flour
¾  cup Cornmeal
Oil for frying




Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment