Friday 29 August 2014

Strawberry lazy-pie


Easy Bake!


The later part of this month, in the midst of blog prepping I was on a mini vacation in NY with my family. So this last recipe really exemplifies the easy bake theme for the past month. On the day I made these I was actually on a time crunch because we were trying to catch the mall before the stores closed. I decided that I needed the fastest method in life to toss the strawberry pie together and set it to bake so we could leave. I wasn’t even sure if it would come out right since I have never made it before. I just let the oven work its magic

How awesome is my grandmother’s pie dish? She has a few of them with different recipes on each.  I wasn’t really feeling the recipe but the dish is super cute. As you can see there are 6 ingredients for the filling. When I got to New York and opened the freezer I was pleasantly surprised to see two boxes of the Pillsbury frozen pie crusts. So that saved me the trip to stop and shop. The frozen pie crust adds to the laziness of the dish; feel free to make your own crust. I popped it in a 375 degree oven and took it out when the top was golden brown.



Ingredients: (printable recipe)
1 lb sweet strawberry
1/3 cup flour (some people use corn starch)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ tsp. salt
3 tablespoon melted butter
2 Pillsbury frozen pie crusts






Greedy Tips:

  • I didn’t use too much added sugar, because I didn’t want to mask the natural flavor and sweetness of the strawberries. So use the sweetest possible strawberries you can. As you can see the strawberries are the star, and you don’t want a sour pie. But if you like your pies sweet use 1/2 cup of sugar instead
  • Make sure to allow the pie to cool before serving so the filling can come together.
  • I have been told that the pie is extra delicious the day after

In case you missed it...



Quick-berry cobbler







Dan-ish


 


Pear Oatmeal Crumble



 


Apple Applepie



 


Not your average churros



 


Mini elephant ears



 


Ginger peach roll-ups



 


Giant plantain tart






Xoxo Greedygirl





No comments:

Post a Comment