Friday 13 November 2015

Herb buttered Hasselback Potatoes


"Christmas is coming"



When has the road of life ever steered you wrong when the signs point to potatoes, butter, herbs and garlic? Not ever! And today’s recipe won’t hurt you either. It’s one of the coolest ways to have a potato. Hasselback potatoes merge a baked potato, potato chips and roasted potatoes all into one perfect package.  Slathered in garlic herb butter just the way everyone likes it.

As usual I always have a plan to make one thing and switch it for another. I was going to make garlic and herb roasted potatoes but only had these four small 'degge degge' potatoes. Soooooo Plan B (with almost always works out better than plan A) had to come into full effect. I can’t for the life of me figure out why it took me so long to make hasselback potatoes. I have been seeing images of these lovely creatures all over the internet and just never got around to making them. A few weeks ago I wrote the recipe schedule for 2016 and 2017 and in June of 2016 I have Potato month scheduled. I was planning on waiting until then to make hasselback potatoes, but then I figured why wait? People love potatoes at Christmas and I can always make it again next year with a different flavor.

So here it is finally in all its crispy edged and buttery centered glory. The garlic her butter ‘ tun up inna it’. I was so lucky to have some of the butter left over from a butterfly chicken recipe I made earlier in the week and it was just enough butter for four potatoes. I’m trying to convince my sister to make these for thanksgiving but I don’t think she is feeling it.You can literally make one per person it’s a great side dish and I’m sure everyone would love peeling off the layers of potatoes and then finally eating the crispy bottom. It’s so good!




Ingredients (Printable ingredient list)


Potatoes
Oil
Herb butter (recipe and how to make click here)
Salted butter room temperature
fresh parsley
garlic cloves
fresh rosemary
table spoon olive oil








Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment