Friday 9 October 2015

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Dots



“Pumpkin Everythang”


Yum, Yum, Yum it’s like a little teeny tiny cinnamon sugar pumpkin doughnut. It’s crispy, it’s crunchy it’s delicious. I was super lazy from making three pumpkin recipes back to back and I needed a quick (and I stress the word QUICK) recipe that I could film and photograph so I could leave the kitchen. This was the idea that popped into my head. What quicker than frying? And what’s better than cinnamon sugar?

My sister spoke some realness to me as she was editing the video. She said “were you inspired by Two Dots?” I was like, wow! Maybe in my subconscious I actually was. We have been playing Two Dots like maniacs over the past three weeks. Literally every second I have free to myself I take out the tab and start playing. She may have had a point. I had intended to fry them larger and then one drop fell from the spoon and I though how cute, I’ll make them into dots instead. So I think ‘Two dots’ may have played in integral part of this recipe.


Very Kid friendly, these are very easy and the batter can make a whole lot of dots. You may not even need as much batter as I made. They are best if eaten within the hour so they maintain their crispy crunchy texture. I’m thinking if you had some hot oil you could deep fry larger balls instead of these tedious dots.  However I’m partial to the dots, they cook quicker and more evenly and they are the perfect bite size to pop in your mouth. 




For the dots
1 cup Pumpkin puree
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 pinch Salt
1/3 cup Sugar
1 ½ cup Water
 Oil for frying 
For the Cinnamon sugar
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 cup sugar







Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment