Wednesday 13 January 2016

Easiest cookie and chocolate cream icecream


"Feast of Saint Valentine"


Chocolate ice-cream anyone? If chocolate syrup and cookie and cream ice-cream ever had a child this would be it. It’s rich and creamy with the perfect crunchy bits of Oreo cookies. The most special thing about this ice-cream is not the flavors but the method and its simple ingredients.  The easiest ice-cream I have ever made ever!!  Literally took me less than 10 minutes to put it together.
 
A few weeks back I stumbled upon a blog post from thekitchn detailing a way to make ice-cream using no heat, no ice-cream maker, no fancy gadgets and just 2 ingredients. I was intrigued to say the least. They used nothing but condensed milk and heavy cream. Who would have thought making ice-cream could be a simple as just a manipulation of two ingredients. I decided I had to figure out a way to incorporate this method into chocolate month.

My only issue with the dessert is its super sweet. And that also depends on who you ask, because my cousin Jade (whose tears and sweat are made of high fructose corn syrup) swears that the ice-cream is perfect and not too sweet. While my sister and I could not get past four spoons of it.   I guess it’s the chocolate syrup with the condensed milk. For me it also lacks a salty element for balance of flavors. It may need a pinch or two of salt in the mix just to enhance the flavors. However sweetness aside the ice-cream is creamy and smooth just as you would expect from any ice-cream made in an ice-cream machine. That I was quite surprised about, all in all a very easy ice-cream hack!



Ingredients (printable recipe)
2 cups heavy cream
½ cup chocolate syrup
1 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
Oreo cookie crumbles (no cream filling)

Instructions

  • In a mixer whisk the heavy cream until it turns into whipped cream (do not beat too much or it will become butter)
  • In a separate bowl stir together the condensed milk, vanilla, chocolate syrup
  • Combine the whipped cream with the chocolate mixture until smooth
  • Layer Oreo cookie crumbles and chocolate cream batter into a freezer save container
  • Place a layer of parchment paper on top and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving. 
Whipped just a little too long, almost turned to butter ooops!!





Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment